Monday, March 19, 2007

KL Traffic Jam

I stay at Sg. Long and work at Tmn Maluri (Cheras) where is a place of 19km far away. Usually It should take me about 20 minutes; and it is when I go there on every Saturday morning. But during the weekdays driving is a nightmare for me. It can take me as long as two hours.. OH MY GOD... I guess there are only two parties should appreciate traffic jam, one is radio station; the other is...em.. petrol station I guessed.











I should say I am a lucky person, because the traffic jam in Beijing, Shanghai is even more awful and lucky I am not living there. I should not compliant too much. But what I heard and I have seen is most of big cities should have "A good public transport system", and just be honest the communist China did well. (The recent news report that Beijing local government decide to reduce bus ticket price to RM0.1 per trip). Another example is London, they did fantastic job.
My view is if government cannot solve the "traffic jam" problem, at least they should try their best in building up an "acceptable" public transport system. I guess Datos' and big officers do not really understand that in this country, most of citizens (doesn't matter Malay or Chinese or Indian), or even most of foreigners, tourists do not have that financial ability to buy a car, even a kancil. (possibly the cheapest car in Malaysia)
To realise Wawasan 2020, I believe transport system is definitely one of the top 10 critical matter. Could it be solved in the coming 13 years? I have no answer.

No comments: